Underwear.co.uk – Our Bra Fitting Guide
Feel comfortable and supported by wearing a bra size that’s right for you. Find out how to get the perfect fit:
Time to remeasure:
Over time the size of your boobs will fluctuate – changes in body shape, hormones and babies will all alter your bra size, so it’s important to measure yourself regularly to get the best fit and keep your boobs supported. Follow our guide on how to measure yourself at home.
Step by step:
1. Wear a non-padded bra in front of the mirror. The best way to start is by looking at the fit of a bra you already have.
2. Measure all the way around underneath your boobs and write down the measurement in inches. This is your band measurement
3. Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust
4. Subtract your band measurement from your bust measurement. The difference represents a cup size – for example, 1inch =A, 2inches=B
An increasingly popular way of measuring your bra is to throw away the tape measure and look at the fit of your current bra.
1. The band should be horizontal across your back, and you should just about be able to fit a finger under the band. If it rides up you need a larger back size, and if it’s loose you need a smaller back size.
2. Look at your boobs in the cups. If you have good cup coverage and if the centre part of the bra is flat against your skin, you have a good cup size. If your boobs are bulging out you need to go up a cup size, and if the fabric of the bra is loose you need to go down a cup size.
In case you experience any bra fit issues, have a read of our problem solver guide here: